That's a favorite jingle of mine that my 7th grade science teacher taught us at good old Sutton Middle School. Thanks, Mrs. Young. This is what Harrison looked like when I sang this to him last year!
But, things have changed, and so has he! Here's a few pictures from our shindig at the playground!
The Birthday Boy got a little wet from running through the Splash Fountain!
The Birthday Boy got a little wet from running through the Splash Fountain! sidenote: Do you see the swingset in the distance? That's the crime scene where my stroller got nabbed!

My Dad surprised us! On Friday afternoon he called as soon as I had put Harrison down for his nap and he asked me where I was. That's weird. I told him I was out back on our patio trying to get some sun while the little man was sleeping. He said, "okay, I see you!" and drove right into our driveway. I was so happy. I hadn't seen the old man since Christmas, and seeing as we won't get to see each other for 2 years come August, I will take all the family visits I can get! Isn't he so cute?
We laughed a lot...
and made weird faces...
and laughed some more, and ate lots of cupcakes, and he had no idea it was all for him. It was such a simple and glorious time.
And I am so grateful for my 2 year old boy. The second year flew by waaaay faster than the first, and I am having so much fun. The days are long, but the moments are sweet, and I can't wait to see what year 3 will bring. Happy Birthday, Harrison Bear. Your life has given us joy we have never known until you!

My Dad surprised us! On Friday afternoon he called as soon as I had put Harrison down for his nap and he asked me where I was. That's weird. I told him I was out back on our patio trying to get some sun while the little man was sleeping. He said, "okay, I see you!" and drove right into our driveway. I was so happy. I hadn't seen the old man since Christmas, and seeing as we won't get to see each other for 2 years come August, I will take all the family visits I can get! Isn't he so cute?
and made weird faces...
and laughed some more, and ate lots of cupcakes, and he had no idea it was all for him. It was such a simple and glorious time.
And I am so grateful for my 2 year old boy. The second year flew by waaaay faster than the first, and I am having so much fun. The days are long, but the moments are sweet, and I can't wait to see what year 3 will bring. Happy Birthday, Harrison Bear. Your life has given us joy we have never known until you!

These are great pictures Lauren! It looks like it was a great party. I wish We could have been there!!
ReplyDelete