11.14.2010

Mom's Retreat

First of all, I want to thank y'all for your kind words about my previous post about our loss. That meant so much to me... There is so much more that is part of that journey than just our miscarriage, but it's hard to know what to share on this blog aside from pictures and stories of our family. I figured I could use the prayers.

We received much care on that day that would have been our due date. A few people here knew and one new friend brought me flowers the night before, and shed a tear with me, while another sweet friend texted me all day to see how I was doing. For the first time, I felt at home here.

On that day, I left to go to the capital city for a Mom's conference for all the mom's working with our company in the entire country. There were 100 moms there, both expat and Asian. I was very familiar with the area we were staying in which was fun! We had a great speaker and I really enjoyed seeing a few old friends and making new ones. I feel like that weekend was a turning point for me, as it is no secret I have been a little lonely here, but really got to connect with some fun people and have lots of laughs. It takes a lot more time to make friends in a new place when you're a mom (or at least it's that way for me), so I am grateful I had this weekend to hang out sans Harrison and have tons of fun shopping and eating great food with other fun ladies. Unfortunately, I have NO pictures from the event, but more pictures will come soon of some other recent out-of-town jaunts.

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment