Week 1...check.
This will be a long process for me and the little man.
You see, I was trying to potty train him in 3 days...although I knew with his issues that it might take longer, but it might take a really long time, seeing as he is still terrified of the toilet (although he has sat on it a couple of times)! We have had no success at all. I think what I have on my hands is a stubborn little man who is tugging hard on his end of this power struggle. He can hold his tinkle 'til the cows come home, and only lets himself have accidents if I'm not around. I think his fear is associated with the many enemas we have had to give him over the past 6 months...He says, "no tooshie medicine, peeeez!" He does stay dry all night and during most of his naps, though. What can I say, he's quite the boss of his bladder!
The first few days I was so, so discouraged. In tears. He was ready for this 9 months ago, but with all the transition that was upon us, I couldn't handle it. Now I'm kicking myself! This has definitely been my hardest experience in motherhood so far.
Somehow, over the last few days, I have been okay with his fear of the commode (and strangely enough, Brett is gone, which made me think I would be miserable by now). Some people have told me it took them a year to train their kids...a year? Really? Well, however long it takes, I don't own a single diaper, and don't plan to buy anymore until July, so hopefully we will get through this misery in a few weeks! If you pray, please pray for me in this!
But, seriously, how cute is he in that terribly ugly Diego underwear??

No comments:
Post a Comment