5.23.2012

jet lagging

Well, we are here...back in the good ole' US of A!  I have neglected to write much about it or anything lately as, of course, there was much to do to leave China and arrive here, but I also think I was just avoiding processing the inevitable...leaving.  Did 2 years really just pass by?  Was it all just a dream?  So much of it was impossibly hard, but in a strange way, I loved it.  I miss it already and will miss it forever.  And here I sit in the fog of jet lag, with one kid playing couch potato, loving watching American TV again, and one baby screaming her lungs out since the time won't let her know when to stay awake or go to sleep.  We are trying to unpack and settle in to my dad's house for the summer before we move back to Orlando in August.  I'm not sure how I feel about any of it.  Sad, excited, overwhelmed, but mostly grateful.  Grateful for our time overseas, and grateful to call America my home for a time until we possibly go elsewhere.  I hope to come back and share a little bit about our time there as I have a few more minutes to hang out here on the blog.  I most definitely will be reporting on a brand new 4-year-old boy very soon!! Until then, I will just try to stay awake and enjoy the sunshine and green grass, while missing my friends halfway across the world, and hoping to make new ones here.  I'll be back soon!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you are a tough mama. I know this transition won't be the easiest. I hope you can literally take your day one hour at a time and not get overwhelmed by all that could be done or all that could happen to feel "settled." I know your last two years were so rich and so packed full it's probably hard to even feel like you are home. I am glad you are though and I expect before August that we can get together! Maybe we'll grab the Cooper girls too! Love to you sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you lauren. and, i think your babies are really cute. all the best settling into the next season of life...xooxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete