9.07.2012

Lake Time


After our visit to NC, we drove down to Irmo, SC for one night to see my dad's latest project.  He is a custom home builder and I always love seeing the houses he builds.  They are usually very large and beautiful and I knew I would not have another chance to see this one since it is out of state.  The finished product will be absolutely gorgeous and ridiculously big (it's his biggest one to date), and I loved walking through it...but even better was the quick zip around the lake that we took that morning...

 My Dad and my Godfather Charlie built this boat in 1980, the year I was born...and I have lots of good memories of days on Lake Lanier on this guy!
 I had not had a ride on it with my dad since before our wedding in 2004...living in another state and another country, leaving only time for short visits doesn't make for much time on the lake...a crime, in my opinion!!
 So, because my Dad is spending half his time in SC, and Lake Murray is minutes away from where he stays there, he decided to take his boat up there.  so, I jumped at the chance for us all to take a ride with him.

 Warms my heart...
 We didn't have a lifevest for Blythe, so Brett and I took turns riding while Harrison "drove".  Brett had never even seen the boat and wasn't sure it even existed until now!  It was a short, but sweet time and brought back lots of good memories...we won't let 8 more years go by before we go for another ride on this special boat!

No comments:

Post a Comment