11.23.2009

18 month stats


Height: 32 inches (50 %) (truthfully, she had to measure him twice because the first measurement showed he shrunk....so, I'm not quite sure how accurate this is, but we will take it!)

Weight: 23 lbs, 8 oz (25 % ish)

Head Circumference: 48 (50 %)

At 18 months the little turkey is:

--WALKING!!! Finally!!! Truth be told, he just took his first steps 2 days ago (as documented below) So, he's just taking a few steps by himself, but he....
--Walks holding our hands ALL DAY LONG
--loves his walker
--LOVES stacking things, anything...soup cans, shampoo bottles, toys, books, etc...
--loves to eat...favorites: waffles, turkey, roast beef, cheese, grapes, bananas, chicken nuggets, fries, carrots, oranges, peaches, pears, cheerios, milk, and oh so much more!
--loves going on walks with mom each and every morning
--copycat to the max! imitates every. single. thing! examples: covers his mouth when he laughs, shrugs "i don't know", and does the "touchdown" symbol when watching football, all things his parents do throughout most days!
--barks at dogs, but it sounds like a meow
--says mama, dada, car, doggy, and go a lot, I think we heard a "war eagle" the other day as well. Georgia fans, I'm trying to get him to say "Go Dawgs", but this one may be an Auburn fan...I'll try harder with the next one, I promise!
--takes one nap about 2-2.5 hours each day
--sleeps 7-7 every night
--has 9 teeth, with #'s 10 and 11 rearing their painful, pearly white heads!
--LOVES Daddy! LOVES him! All is right in the world when Daddy is home.
--loves hide and seek, peek a boo, and CHASE!
--has the best giggle in my world and graces me with the sound of it most of each day
--has been on 19 flights with flights # 20 and # 21 coming this week

That is all I can think of for now. I'm sure there's tons more. I can see a little bit of an attitude coming out in him and he is really gaining his independence (which is a really nice way of saying he can be quite the pill), but he is still such a sweet, mellow, mild-mannered, friendly boy! He is meticulous and organized, and we are still trying to figure his little personality out, but for now we think he is a gentle extrovert, getting his energy from people, but not having to be the life of the party! We shall see if that continues to be so! Every day we are so thankful for him and the joy he brings us! His life is a true gift and we are so grateful to God for letting us borrow His precious child for a little while here on Earth! I can't believe he's 18 months old! More soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment