My sweet Grandma passed away yesterday. She was about the oldest person I knew, so it comes as no surprise, but still was a shock to hear of her life coming to an end on this earth.
Unfortunately, I was not overly close with my grandmother, but I loved her and appreciated her, especially as I have gotten older. Some of my happiest memories from childhood are from family road trips to Pittsburgh, PA to visit her and my Granddaddy.
I am so sad for her loss, and especially sad for my dad to lose his mom. She was 98 years old, having lived a very full, rich life, and in the past 2 years got to meet 3 great grandboys....
I found that when my brother died, I wanted to talk about him...I still do want to talk about him a lot, but that's another story for another day. But, I did want to share some sweet memories....the pictures below are when she met little Harrison for the first time when he was 4.5 months old (oh, how awful was his combover?)....When we left that day, she kept saying to me, "Thank you so much for bringing me that baby!" I had not seen her seem so alive in so long.
That day we also got this gem of a picture, which I will treasure forever. 4 generations! She had the biggest smile ever!
And one of her little sayings that we all loved..."Dorothy Nelson was my name and single was my station, blessed was the man who came and made the alteration!" She was too cute.
She has been waiting so long to be with that sweet man who changed her last name.

No comments:
Post a Comment