4.22.2010

Babies

I had to post a little Harrison-ism that is pure sweetness and purely so that I won't forget this short phase that is flying by all too quickly.

Harrison has not been one to need "soothing"....He has never taken a pacifier, we have never played white noise, fans, kept a nightlight, etc...These are all wonderful things, but he just hasn't taken to them, which has been a good thing for us since we have travelled with him all over creation! We even used to play a CD for him every night at bed time, but the CD player broke a few months back and he hasn't missed it for a second.

You get the point.

Well, he's found his soother. I'm sure those of you mama's out there have as many baby blankets as we do. We have what seems like a million in wonderful hues of green and blue (green, because we did not know if little H would be a boy or a girl). He has some of the most beautiful handmade blankets and quilts I've ever seen.

Yet, he only needs 2....one being a swaddle that my mom bought for me when I was pregnant because she just "knew" i was having a boy, as did about 98% of the rest of the world, and a cute little blanket that a co-worker made that has tractors on it.

A few weeks ago, Linus, I mean, Harrison started calling his blankets his "babies". When he wakes up in the morning, they come out of the crib with him and stay with him until he gets his energy. Before naptime, he gets frantic, needing his babies before he goes into the crib. He says, "babies, peesh, babies peesh" (please)! And they will come out with him after nap time as well. They help soothe the pain of boo-boos and busted lips (both of which we had yesterday), and they get tossed in the wagon or dump truck when we go on walks. And always, always, while he is sleeping, he has them both curled up below or beside him.

It is so precious, and I better never forget them when we leave town...it won't be pretty!!!

4 comments:

  1. Tired, precious, little boy. Great post! I want to savor these little things, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Harrison! MA is the same way. I am waiting to see what her soothing items will be. Right now she bounces from lovey to lovey, but I think her favorite is the old cloth diapers my Mom saved and we used as burp cloths. I am trying to make them her thing since we have 20+ of them. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh! i love the sweet things these babies do. his sleeping position makes me want to scoop him up and snuggle.

    ReplyDelete