Today was my 30th birthday!
The other night, I said to Brett, " I can't believe I'm going to be 30!"
He replied, "I can't believe you're not!"
To all of you 30-somethings or almost 30-somethings, how did you feel about this crazy birthday?? I feel like with our impending move and leaving the country, um, tomorrow, has definitely not given me the most time to think about it! It is a little weird, but since I have the luxury of being married to a man who is 5 years my senior, I think I'll always feel young comparatively!
Brett did too much for my birthday and we have been celebrating all week with a visit from my mom, shopping, a surprise party, an awesome birthday dinner, and a sweet birthday brunch with some dear friends while watching the World Cup. All capped off beautifully with an hour to myself and some great gifts. I really think my favorite part about every birthday I celebrate is getting to talk to and hear from great friends and family all day long. It's been so fun, and it really is my favorite holiday (is that okay to say??) I am so thankful for the life God has given me. I sometimes cannot believe where I am now compared to where I thought I would be...back when I thought 30 was old.
As mentioned earlier, we leave tomorrow for 2 weeks in London! So, you won't hear from me for awhile. I know, I know...it's devastating, but I will be back! Please pray for our family as we lead 2 cycles of mission trips there. It feels crazy to do so close to moving away from Orlando, but I'm excited! What a way to jet-set into my 30's!!!
Cheers!

No comments:
Post a Comment