Well, Harrison has been a bit silent on the blog lately, so I thought I would put a few pictures of him on here to start us off...Off the blog, he gets all the attention for sure! I think little Baby Bunny only gets a voice these days on the blog and FB...But, we are all still so excited for the little one!
So sad that this first picture is sideways, but here are my 2 guys on Easter Sunday! We had a sweet Easter here with an egg hunt on Friday, a local housewarming party on Saturday and Fellowship on Sunday. We have had the privilege of going to an International Fellowship since we moved back here, BUT we got kicked out of our meeting place over 2 months ago and have not met since. So, it was a real treat to have a place to go to on Easter Sunday to fellowship with other believers in the city. I miss corporate worship so much, but love the intimacy of meeting with just a few other folks! We then had a fabulous potluck with about 6 other families. It was a wonderful day celebrating our risen Savior!
Side note: I don't have any dress-up shoes for Harrison, so he wears either his New Balance or his Converse with his nice clothes! Can someone direct me where to find some nicer ones??
And Side note #2: Moms of boys, how long can I justify putting my child in these adorable, cutesy outfits?? He is ALMOST potty-trained (more on that later), so the one-pieces are a pain, and he will be 3 very soon. How old is too old for these clothes? I think girls can wear these sweet outfits a lot longer, but I think they can wear out their welcome on the little men...Thoughts???
Here is H with his beloved Abigail. She is about 10 months younger than him and an absolute doll! She is for sure the girl that everyone likes in the neighborhood, because she is so easy to be around! Her Mom (MySan) and I have recently started a baby-sitting swap and keep each other's kids for about 2-3 hours a week. MySan has a new baby who is around 8 weeks old, so she gets a much needed nap, and I get some much needed downtime when H is at their house.
And here is the belly as of Wednesday which marked 30 weeks+1 day. I went to the dear old doctor yesterday, and he shared with me that the Babe is now head down in an L-shape. The heartbeat was around 140 bpm and everything looked good. We had a brief ultrasound and the baby weighs 1637 grams, which is about 3.6 pounds. Oh my, this could be one big bundle! However, he did warn me that the baby does not have much fat under his/her skin....well, what baby does at 30 weeks? Hilarious. He told me the baby is going to be very tall and large because we both are very tall and large (again, this is not an insult, just very common for him to be so blunt about our sizes). We asked him how many babies he has delivered, and he says about 1000 over the past 10 years. In China, C-sections are VERY common, almost routine, and he is trying to steer away from that, so he has done even thousands more C-sections. He is so kind and in a way, I'm almost sad that he won't get to deliver our little baby, but then I think of the ease and comfort of delivering in America and I am so thankful to be able to do that!
And as an addendum, here is a picture of me at 28 weeks (for my records). I was definitely not that small then, somehow the shirt or the way I'm standing is hiding it. I'm starting to get shortness of breath and shorter nights of sleep for sure. But, other than that, I'm doing great, and am so thankful for a healthy baby. We are both thinking more and more that it's another boy.
We fly to the States in 2 weeks! I could not be more thrilled! It will be a welcomed pause in our time here for sure. I will try to be back with more picture updates, and some little tyke I know turns 3 in a couple of weeks, so I will try to update more on him soon as well. Overall, we are just so thankful right now and look forward to spending the entire summer with our families and friends.
More soon!!

Lauren, I love hte look of the blog! I know you may have changed it awhile ago but it looks good! Also, you look good! How long will you be home? And - I would love to keep them in pretty clothes until5 for special occasions if I could! I just love them. I am glad yall had a great Easter! You are soooo close!
ReplyDelete