6.28.2011

38 Weeks and a Question for the Reader

Today's update: 1.5 cm dilated (a little progress)! Heartrate: 150 bpm

Readers with 2 children at home,
When you delivered your 2nd child, when did you have big bro/sis come to the hospital to meet the little one? What did you do with Big bro/sis when it was time to go to the hospital? Did they come often or just one time?

Okay, so that was 3 questions, but I will quit while I'm ahead. Any advice on how to make this transition as seamless as possible on my Harrison would be welcome. I know his little only-child world is about to be rocked.

Rock on! Come on, Baby!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lauren...we are so excited for you! We had a church mentor on-call for when I went into labor (which was needed for 3am :) And she kept Abigail until after Kayleigh was born and our family was able to meet her & then our parents alternated visiting us and Kayleigh & trying to keep Abigail entertained and on schedule at home. We delivered at 9:30 in the morning but we still opted to wait until the next morning for her to come so we could embrace Kayleigh & all be in better shape when she came bouncing in:) We also did do a gift from each sister to the other which was fun. Then Abigail came one more time before we were discharged when she was out and about with her grandparents anyway. The truth is Abigail was having so much fun with all our extended family she hardly noticed the new baby:) Even when we got home, having lots of family in and out seemed to help her adjust simply b/c even if it wasn't me, someone was giving her the attn she craved. However, I say all this knowing it might be a little harder for Harrison b/c sweet Abigail was just 18 mths old so I don't think she really knew any different since she was 10mths old we were talking about her baby:) We will pray for smooth transition for you all though, and we hope to see you in August:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I was so excited about this meeting and then I got to the hospital and realized the hospital was my BREAK! Therefore, we sent the baby to the nursery and slept as much as we could. The last day right before we came home we brought Brooks up there. Our bags were packed and everything - he just got to come in more for pictures sake. It was nice knowing he was home being doted over by grandparents. William gave Brooks a lawn mower that he -annoyingly to other visitors - pushed around the hospital. I think the first weeks were easily tolerated by all - it was as the baby got a little older and couldn't just sit in a swing all day that Brooks got a little impatient. Siblings are the best thing for a toddler I think! I hope you are feeing well. Sooooo soon!

    ReplyDelete