7.06.2011

7.11.2011

I just returned from my weekly doctor's appointment....

The baby has dropped significantly. Doc said he/she is SUPER low, that I am about 2 cm dilated, and 75% effaced. He said with this being my second baby, he is sure I'll go into labor on my own in the next few days, but, just in case, we scheduled an induction for Monday, July 11th at 7:30 am.

We are so grateful and relieved to know there is an end in sight! I am shocked that this baby has not come by now with H having arrived 11 days early. I have no problem being induced as I was essentially induced with him. My water broke, but my body wasn't ready. Hopefully this baby will come on his/her own before Monday, but if not, please pray for a safe and healthy (and faster than 25 hours) delivery, and for a healthy baby. Please pray for the doctor on call that day (Dr. Roberts) and the nurses. And please pray for our little man to transition well into being big brother. He has been SO clingy lately, and rightly so after we whisk him off from country to country and then add a baby to our crazy family. Pray for my sister, my mom, and my mother-in-law who will all be tag-teaming taking care of him, and that he feels loved beyond measure.

We will be delivering at Piedmont Hospital and welcome visitors!!

Oh, and sweet baby, if you're reading this one day, we can't wait to meet you. I am so ready as well as scared out of my mind. Daddy and I both think you might be a girl now. We surely can't wait to find out. Either way, we have longed for you and waited on you, and cannot wait to see how perfectly you will fit into our family. See you soon, little one. I cannot wait to hold you.

No comments:

Post a Comment