10.19.2011

Weigh-in Wednesday

I have done something I never thought I would do...not because I didn't want to, but moreso because I thought I could not afford it, and that I didn't have the time.

I have hired a personal trainer.

I know what you're thinking...'what kind of personal trainer could she find in China of all places?' I would wonder the same myself as I am twice the size of every native here.

We meet in my living room at my convenience.

And her name is Jillian Michaels.

And she is attempting to shred off my baby weight in 30 days.

You guessed it. The 30 day shred.

Have you all been there? Although I have been through this whole post-maternal thing before, and lost almost all of my 45 pounds from little Harrison, it seems like I will never lose it this time around. I have about 12 more pounds to go, and I'm stuck.

Enter Jillian.

I will say that since we met about a month ago, she has gone easy on me and I've lost a few pounds. But, how do I get the rest off? Must I keep shredding? Ugh!

I actually really love to work out, but in a gym, or on a walk...but, for now, it is in my living room with J and her 'best girls' Natalie and Anita. I follow Anita...she's supposedly a beginner like me. But her abs do NOT look like beginner abs. Unless, of course, beginners have 12 packs.

So, as of today, there are 12 pounds to be lost. If any of you out there have had babies...how did you lose your last pesky pounds? And how long did it take? Please tell me your secret...I look forward to buttoning my pants again! And does it really mean I have to stop drinking coke? Quit Starbucks? No cookies? Say it ain't so!

Thank you for your time. I will patiently await your helpful answers, as will my dusty jeans.

Until then, I'll be shredding!

Thankful for every extra inch,

Curvy new Mama

2 comments:

  1. My suggestion....WAIT! You have a 3 month old! I swear by the 5 month rule and both times it worked for me - at 5 months the pounds just went away without much effort - especially if you are breastfeeding. So, enjoy the starbucks, chase your little ones, and give it a few more weeks. Though you wouldn't show us your face in this picture I know you are as slim and beautiful as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elf - this made me laugh out loud. You are one funny girl!! Mel told me about y'alls plan to shred together...love it! I'm too chicken to participate, but I'm happy to cheer y'all right along. phone date soon, please?? :)

    ReplyDelete