So, on that day, March 21st, 1992, on a 6th grade spring retreat with the youth group at Northside United Methodist Church, when I heard that God was my Father, and that he loved me and accepted me EXACTLY how I was....so much so that he sent a savior, His own Son, to die for me...me? I reached out and grabbed it. Me? Really? He loved me? I wasn't too chubby or talkative or quiet or silly? He was my Father? Really?
And sometimes I still ask those questions, but I know that He did. He died for me and my heart that is more deceitful than even i know. He loves me more than I could ever dare dream. I'll never truly understand, but I suppose that is this faith that I confess...believing in what I cannot see and at times desperately don't understand.
So, I struggle to follow Him. And I fail miserably. But, He saved my life on that day. And I will spend every day of my life left on this Earth grateful for His incomparable sacrifice, through joy and pain, gain and loss, I will praise Him and follow Him to the ends of the Earth.
Blessed be the name of the Lord.

No comments:
Post a Comment