When we knew that we were for sure going to be spending a couple more years in China, we wondered if we would get visitors this time around...Most of our family visited us during our first tour here in Asia (for me it was from 2002-2004 and for Brett 1999-2004). It was actually Brett who said, "I bet Jane will come see us." And he was right...She did!
Jane and I met when I was in 7th grade and she was in 8th grade. We met at church and were instant friends! Shortly after we met, we would hang out on Sundays. We never, ever went to the same school except for one day when I had a teacher work day and I visited her school (hilarious). To this day she remains one of my dearest friends, and I am so grateful for her!
Jane LOVES to travel and she originally planned to come visit us last summer during an around the world trip...however, when I got pregnant with Blythe and we chose to deliver her in the States, Jane chose to cancel her trip and just come to visit over her Spring Break (she is a 3rd grade teacher). It meant the world to me to be able to show a friend our life here. It is truly so hard to share a life experience with someone who has never seen that part of your world. Living overseas is a privilege for us and we hope to live overseas again one day. I am so thankful to have shared part of my heart with one of my dearest friends.

No comments:
Post a Comment