About 6 years ago, Brett and I started naming our years...It has varied each year, whether we name it in January or September (which is our 'new' year) in marriage. The words have been simple, but chock full of meaning...fun, change, healing....
This January we didn't talk about it much.
But, I have a word, and I think it will stand for both of us.
It is written on my plate that sits close to our door.
I wanted a different word. I tried to think of a different word. But, it kept coming back to me, and I knew I needed to look at it every day, not just for a year, but for the rest of my life.
It is so simple, and so complicated.
Hope.
That is my word for 2013.
What do I hope for?
So, so much.
Healing, rest, newness, community, clarity, confidence, call, a baby...
To hope is so dangerous. I have done it all too often, especially in that last category I mentioned. It has been deferred, and it truly does make the heart sick.
But, out of that hope, although we lost something so precious, we gained our Blythe.
6 months ago we lost another baby, by way of ectopic pregnancy this time. And now that I have 2 beautiful children (who are miracles, as all children are, but because of something I've learned, mine are true miracles to me), I find myself trying to fight hoping for another one.
I say, 'it's fine, maybe we don't really want another one.'
But, we really do.
But, I find myself saying something so different to protect my heart from the months of waiting that might come, as they did with Blythe.
But, no matter what. I believe that hope does not disappoint.
And, although I grow disappointed at times, I trust in a bigger story, with plans much better than mine.
And I wait.
And I HOPE.
Just a few minutes here
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment