Here's a few things I am constantly doing:
I'm constantly chasing, picking up leaves, waving at cars, playing with toy cars, throwing the ball, and constantly trying to coax my little man to come inside after hours of play.
I'm constantly trying to figure out new things for him to eat, but settle on the same thing, day in and day out, and on top of that, trying to make dinner fun even though it's constantly chicken!
I'm hearing a new word every single day! Lately, I've heard a lot of: Shide (outside), shocks (socks), shoes, SEE YOU, night night, mama, dada, nana, Gan (Gran), Ba (Pa and/or Pop), ball, peez (please--this is one of my favorites), juice, moo moo (milk), wa wa (water), SLIDE, and lots of names of little friends.
I'm also constantly kissing scraped knees, having tickle fights, getting a cookie for him EVERY day on our walk that conveniently passes Publix, watching cartoons on PBS, and snuggling after naptime.
I'm constantly crying at least once a week thinking, "I can't do this" as my sweet, good, mild, laid-back baby boy is turning into a toddler with a mind of his own. Let's just say discipline is not my strong point, but I'm learning.
And although that part is tough, I'm also constantly stealing every kiss I can, as he's getting more stingy with them...I'm more thankful for him than I have ever been, loving every moment and trying to will time to freeze so that I can have some of these moments with my little guy forever.
I'm loving watching him love his Daddy and wrestle and have "laugh wars" with him every night. Loving watching his little tender heart grow and his personality bud. I'm loving watching his memory grow large enough to remember certain people and places.
We are constantly taking walks, going to story time, going to the playground, taking peeks at him while he's asleep before we go to bed.
I'm constantly NOT getting tons of other things done, like, perhaps packing for an overseas move...yikes, but we are constantly getting rid of stuff and trying to condense our things.
Laundry, dishes, diapers, lots of phone calls to friends in other cities whom I miss more than
ever before... Yep, these are just a few things that take up my days with my almost-2-year-old.
And some days it's easy, and some days it's hard...and I'm loving every minute.

So sweet!!!
ReplyDeleteLauren~ It sounds like our days are very similar. Oh how I miss you sweet friend. One watery eyed hug to you love.
ReplyDeleteYou did a great job of putting all that into words, and you are a great mom!
ReplyDelete