8.10.2010

Transition...

Hello Blog World,

Long time, no see....I have a million things to document, but unfortunately life has not lent much time to blogging these days...I did, however, want to check in to note what has been going on lately.

We left Orlando on July 29...it was super sad, but I still feel like I haven't processed leaving our world down there...we drove up to Atlanta and spent the week with my mom. My sweet brother and sister-in-law came in town from NC for the weekend to say goodbye. We had too much fun with them. Sweet friends threw us a going away party that ended up hosting about 50 people at my dad's house. I got to meet my sweet baby cousin Connor for the very first time, and we hit all of our favorite eateries (or maybe just mine?), complete with a braves game and everything. Oh, and lots of trips to my favorite West Paces Caribou...it could not have been a more enjoyable week seeing friends and family and eating...lots of eating!

We have made the commute to Dooleytown for this week just in time for my brother-in-law, sister-in-law, and mother-in-laws birthdays, all within the same 3 days! Phew! Brett's parents live just a mere 40 minutes from both of mine, but we still try to spend all our time with one family rather than going back and forth every day. So, we are here in Great Gwinnett for a few more days before we head back to my mom's to make sure we have everything, re-pack our 8 bags and 2 carry-ons per person (yes, even Harrison), and head to the airport at the crack of dawn on Tuesday morning.

We are so grateful to spend extra time with friends and family, but it is very wearing to live out of suitcases, and as scared (in a good way) as we are about this next move, we are ready to get there and settle in (although we don't yet have a place to live there...yet). We got our visas today and cannot believe that our family will call East Asia home for the next however many years. I am so excited, but it is so hard to leave at the same time. We are thankful to know that this is God interrupting our lives, and because of that, we know it's exactly where we should be, even when it doesn't fit into our timetable.

So, we have said lots of goodbyes, with a few more to go. I promise to check in (with pictures, because we finally got a new camera thanks to my sweet dad) once we land and get settled. Until then, if you would pray for our family as we start over in another country. It won't be easy, but it will be so so good.

I'll be back with lots of updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment