7.18.2010

Happy Birthday

To my best friend! Today is Brett's 35th birthday! When did his hair get so gray? When I met him 8 years ago he just had one little gray patch in the front!
We are surrounded by boxes and bubble tape galore, but, thankfully the birthday boy was able to find time for some of this....
I was remembering the very first birthday of Brett's that I got to celebrate with him...he was turning 28. I bought him a picture frame that was a box and in each picture slot, I wrote something that I liked about him. I can't remember them all, but some were his school spirit, his questions, and his genuine personality. I remember also loving that when we first met, whenever I was talking to him, I felt like I was the only person in the room, and noticing that when he talked to others, it was the same way with his full attention on them. I know it's not as easy now with a 2 year-old son grabbing at his legs and a 30-year-old wife grabbing for his time (which may be slightly more annoying than the aforementioned toddler), but he still makes me feel so special by his intentional conversation and fun questions. He works hard and plays hard, and I love that I get to do that alongside of him. He is definitely God's greatest gift to me and I love walking through life with him.
Happy Birthday Brett! We love you!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet. He is lucky to have you as a wife and mama to that precious boy! I hope yall had a great birthday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Brett! Lauren, I'm soo glad to find your blog! YOU are the inspiring mama- I've got three, but they are yet to leave the country once! So glad to get to follow y'all on here!

    ReplyDelete