9.18.2011

7 years

This past Sunday, Brett & I celebrated 7 years of marriage...We had a fun little outing to Le Sud, a cute little French restaurant. It was our first time out just by ourselves since the baby was born and a tad overdue. We have a tradition of talking through our year and filling it into an anniversary book that Brett's mom gave us when we first got married. I love this book. It is truly something that I would want to take with me if our house was burning down. I hope it is something that our kids can look through and see snippets of our lives, the good and bad.

It is truly such a privilege to be married to Brett. I still cannot believe that we met here in China and now we are back here. We laughed at memories from this past year, while some brought tears. This last year was a hard one for us, but it also brought so much joy in the birth of our sweet girl. Last year on September 18th, our hope was that on our next anniversary that we would be on our way to having a bigger family after waiting for (in our minds) a long time. So, we rejoiced in our longings that were met, laughed, talked, and talked about what we hope for this next year, which, overall, is to be more thankful.

As I was looking through pictures, I realize that we don't have a ton of just us by ourselves since the little loves have joined the scene. I came across a few from the past couple of years. I'll try to take more of just us as time goes on!
September 18, 2010--our 6th anniversary
September, 2009--Anniversary # 5 in Maine
June, 2009--H's first trip to China
November, 2008 (I think)...cheesy portrait
October, 2008
March, 2010
August, 2011
August, 2011

Happy Anniversary, Brett! I love you and I will always follow you anywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment