Today is the day I married my best friend 5 years ago! I cannot believe it...I remember when we were first married, meeting people who had been married for 5 years (or even 3 years) and thinking that was SUCH a long time! And here we are now....the past 5 years have both felt short and long at times. There are days and moments that I remember vividly, and others that are already starting to fade. God has packed a lot into our short marriage. I have literally been to the ends of the earth with Brett, and I can't imagine a better way to spend my life with him. I have loved our adventures across the globe, and have loved the little life that we have created here in Orlando (never thought I would say that, but I really do love it here!) We have been through unimaginable pain, and we have experienced joy that I cannot even describe... And we have learned to walk both of those roads at the same time, which has given us some really hard and sweet times together.
Our first dance at our wedding reception was to the song "Unforgettable." At the time I thought it was kind of a rush decision and thought maybe I could have come up with a better song to describe us....but, as that song came on the radio the other day, and I listened to it reminiscing of our fabulous wedding day, I realized how perfectly it describes life with Brett for me.
"That's why, darling, it's incredible,
that someone so simply unforgettable,
thinks that I am unforgettable too."
I love you, Brett. Happy Anniversary! I'm sure the next 5 will be just as memorable in every way!
PS--I don't have a picture from our wedding on my computer...I know, Boo! But, I plan to post one soon....And our plans are to go out for a fun dinner tonight and go out of town next weekend!!!! Pictures to come!
Happy anniversary!! I can't believe it has been 5 years for you guys either! I'm so glad I was able to be at y'alls wedding... even if I was just "Matt's date" then - ha! Have fun celebrating. : ) I've enjoyed blog stalking you!! More pics of Harrison soon, please!
ReplyDelete