9.19.2009

Funny Story

Well, as promised, here is a picture from our wedding that my sweet sister sent to me...I'm thinking this was at the end of the night...Well, when she sent this picture, I was reminded about a funny story....A friend of mine, Cary, was giving me wedding advice and she told me to make sure to say goodbye to my dad when I left the reception. She said that was the one thing that she regretted about her wedding day...in all the hubbub of leaving, she did not get to hug her daddy. Well, I thought that was great advice, especially after the months of planning and the many dollar signs that accompanied such a special day (and did I mention that 3/4 of this time I wasn't even around? I had lots of help from my sweet, sweet family) So, I thought I Would make sure to give hugs all around to the fam upon leaving the reception. Well, everybody was checked off the hug list, but my dad was nowhere to be seen. Where is he? He knew we were leaving at 10:30ish...where could he be? Oh, I was getting so sad to not say goodbye and thank you and get my big bear hug that he is so good at giving. What's a girl to do? Nobody knows where he is. I tell Brett, "I can't find my dad." But, we have to leave! I could certainly see why Cary gave me this advice, it would be so sad to leave my wedding without seeing my father. But, he had literally disappeared, so, we had to just leave...
So, we leave the venue, get rose petals thrown in our faces and it is so fun, and all the while, I'm thinking, "Where is my dad??" We get to the limo (pictured above), the driver opens the door (with a smug smile on his face), and as Brett and I lean down to get in, I gasp because MY DAD IS IN THE LIMO! He is sitting there with a glass of wine in his hand waiting for us just laughing so hard! I could not stop laughing and Brett is saying, "Get out, Pops! She's mine now!!" So, I got my hug and I was so happy...It was a great laugh too!
Did I mention he walked me down the aisle with his zipper down??? What a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment