Hey folks! Shame on me for not writing in awhile! I definitely have so many things to say, and then get on the computer and become speechless, which leads to a lack of posts! Bummer! But, our past weekend is certainly noteworthy! Brett and I went to MAINE! I was tickled to find that on the local license plates is written "Vacationland" hence the title of this post. Since our rental car was from Louisiana, I felt very criminal getting a picture of a license plate, so Brett did my dirty work! notice his face in the background...hilarious!

Moving on....we had such a wonderful time celebrating our 5 year anniversary! We have been planning this for some time and were so blessed to be in such a beautiful place for a very low cost (thank you, skymiles!) It was the perfect time for us to get away from the 95 degree heat and humidity of Orlando to 60 degrees and changing leaves! We loved it!!!


Aren't these belted cows cute??


we went hiking for a day in Acadia National Park...it was so so fun!

We loved the Inn where we stayed...the breakfasts were fantastic....the owner is a chef who has been featured on the food network. It was the most fabulous food I have ever tasted! And everything was SO charming and vintage and colonial....have I mentioned that we loved it??? There are so many details to write, but these few pictures hopefully give you a little idea. It was a great getaway for us and so so needed!

Our little turkey seemed to have a vacation of his own...he stayed back with dear friends of ours here in O-town (he actually stayed with 2 different families and did SO WELL!) We sure were ready to see him when we picked him up Monday morning! Did I mention somebody is very attached to Daddy these days???
I'll be back soon! Happy Friday Everyone!!
Lauren! Just found your blog. I love your little family.
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! Glad you enjoyed your trip. That looked beautiful! Your little one is TOO CUTE!
ReplyDelete